BENEFITS OF USING A TRAVEL AGENT:
- You can save a lot of your time.
- Using a travel agent gives you peace of mind that everything has been taken care of!
- Get great advice that makes your trip more enjoyable. That means, you end up getting better value for your money.
- A travel agent will have relationships with different vendors. They might not be able to get a better price but might be able to get you some extras, such as on-board credit or a free shore excursion during a cruise. With accommodation a free room upgrade or free breakfast. With your flights a travel agent may be able to get you free accommodation if the connecting time is over 6 hours, provided by exclusive airlines.
- A travel agent can advise you on such issues as exchange rates, travel insurance, crowds, weather, competency of tours, areas of a town to avoid, travel visas, vaccinations, passports, tipping etiquette, packing lists and trip cancellation penalties and restrictions.
- A travel agent can also sort out which airlines charge for checked bags or roomier exit-row seating.
In the end using a travel agent won’t always cost more and will often cost about the same as booking it yourself, In fact, it’s possible you will pay less than booking a holiday yourself because agents might be aware of promotional offers and occasionally have access to exclusive deals.
DOING –IT – YOURSELF:
- If you are familiar with making travel arrangements online and have the time to spend researching travel offers.
- When you are travelling to destinations you are familiar with you may prefer to book trips yourself.
- You can book online by yourself at any time of the day from any location.
Most people do not realize that when you book online yourself there is still a travel agent involved at the other end of the website, so you may still be paying the same or more for an agent to do less work and you to do more!
Thank you for reading!
Tweet World Travel